Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Interesting

Tomorrow should be interesting. I don't know if it's just TV weatherman hype, out what, but I overheard the forecast for tomorrow, and I heard the possibility of three inches (7.5 cm) of rainfall.

So I stopped at Home Depot and picked up an old fashioned cylindrical type rain gauge. I installed it on the back deck, where it will be out in the open and not shielded in any way. It will be fun to see how much rain we actually get.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Larry, we have been getting the forecast up this way that the storm is very wide spread. From Chicago to the east coast. It's going to miss us up this way but the news has been talking about it since mid week.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up . we received only 1.35 inches of rain (3.4 cm) roughly about half the amount of the "doom and gloom" forecast, so I guess it was mostly hype.

    ReplyDelete