Monday, June 24, 2013

Got started


When I got home from work, I took Joey to the South Plainfield Community Pool for a bit. We were there for a little while when the air horn sounded. One or more of the lifeguards had seen a flash of lightning, so it was everyone out of the pool.

Once we got home, it started raining, even though I never saw lightning or heard any thunder. The rain precluded me putting down radials, but at least I was able to get a start. I attached the braid that I am using to the sink strainer that will serve as the common connection point for the individual radials. The other end of the braid will of course be hose clamped to the very bottom part of the vertical that is anchored in the earth.

I am hoping that tomorrow evening that I will be able to get the first couple of radials down.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment